Kathmandu University High SchoolCultivating socially responsible & sensible citizens
CODE OF CONDUCT
At Kathmandu University High School, we create a respectful and caring learning environment. We have the following expectation for all our students and staff:
Code of Conduct:
- We respect each other regardless of age, background, or culture.
- We respect school property, the property of others, and our own property.
- We come to class prepared and on time.
- In class, we listen carefully and are actively involved in learning.
- We follow the rules of the school and classroom.
- We treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Like a family, we help and support each other, we listen with understanding.
- We are honest in our words and actions.
Specific School Rules: To support these expectations, we have some specific school rules:
Safety on the school grounds:
- Observe the walk only areas by walking only.
- The athletic ground is the area for running and playing.
- Courtyard during recess times: quite games can be played in this area, but be sure not to disturb classes that are running.
- Students may not leave the school compound without permission.
- Students may not bring their own sports equipment. The School will provide balls and other equipments for recess times.
- Stones are for walking on not for playing with.
In the classroom:
- Stand and greet the teacher at the beginning of the lesson with a polite “Namaskar”.
- Students must raise their hands and take turns in answering questions using inside voices. They should not shout out answers.
- Students should stand when addressing a teacher, expect during informal discussions.
- If a teacher or guests enters the classroom after class has started, students do not need to stop their work and rise. Doing this disrupts the lesson.
- Copybooks and textbooks should be covered and properly cared for.
- Homework diaries should be maintained at all times.
- Students do their won work. They do not copy from other students or from other resources (Internet etc.). Students do not plagiarize.
- Students must not mark or damage school property. Students are responsible for any repair costs.
- If the subject teacher is not present in class 5 minutes after the bell has rung, the class prefect should report the absence to the principal or coordinator.
- At the end of class, students should not prepare to leave until given permission by the teacher.
School Dress Code:
- Students will come to school dressed neatly, well groomed and wearing the appropriate school dress.
- Girls should wear their hair in pony tails or braids if prepared at home.
- Boys should keep their hair neatly trimmed.
- Girls in Grade VI and up can choose to wear either skirts or pants.
- Students can wear their track suits only on their Sports days.
- Students may not bring money, cell phones, valuable items such as jewelry, or junk food to school.
- Chewing gum is prohibited.
- Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages or using drugs are prohibited and may result in dismissal from school.
- Collecting funds for special activities requires the approval of the principal.
- Hugging, kissing and other personal displays of affection are prohibited.
- Students may use the Internet while at school for research and computer class assignments. There is no use of Social Media.
- Students may use the school telephone only with the permission of the principal or coordinator.
- English is the language of instruction except in Nepali, Art, Sports, Dance, Music and Chinese class.
- During the school day, students are expected to speak English when in Class, in the dining room and in the walk only areas of the school.