Kathmandu University High SchoolCultivating socially responsible & sensible citizens
+2 Programme in Science Stream
Affiliated to National Examination Board (NEB)
The National examination Board (NEB) +2 is the pathway to further education for post SEE (or equivalent level) students. The +2 system offers an in-depth study of different subjects to meet the objectives of high school education. Its structure –course duration, curricula, syllabi, examinations –makes the programmes one of the most relevant educational qualifications in Nepal.
The programme is constantly upgraded by different subject committees at the NEB by keeping in mind ever-changing international education standards. This helps in maintaining the quality of + 2 education. Due to this, the demand of the +2 is very high.
The two year + 2 curriculum is an academically challenging period. These young scholars need to be motivated and should focus upon set goals. This results in student satisfaction and continuing interest in education.
Providing modern, in depth, pragmatic and effective education, +2 system is the best path to both general and specialized higher education. The +2 programme leads to a sound academic foundation for further studies in health and medical science, engineering, management or humanities. Also the +2 qualification is widely recognized by international colleges and universities. For more information, please visit www.neb.gov.np
KUHS: A Destination for young +2 Scholars
Kathmandu University High School is a constituent part of Kathmandu University, an independent non-profit, non government public institution. It has always aimed to create a new generation of leaders and professional women and men with a caring and responsible attitude to the community and to the future of Nepal. Nestled in the panoramic location at Chaukot, Kavre, the school has started to offer Science program in +2 to the bright and competent students of Nepal. It has been imparting the best available +2 teaching along with all-round educational opportunity to students.
The school in affiliation with the National Examination Board (NEB) offers an excellent program in science. We ensure that we practice the best teaching methodologies for outstanding results. The dedicated and experienced faculties deliver theory classes along with practical demonstrations. The first year good intake of students in Class 11 has convinced us that we are moving forward for the outstanding merits of our students.
The students are required to complete their daily homework, class assignments, special projects, individual or group presentations and adequate self study. Our dedicated faculties carefully monitor the academic performance and progress of each individual student.
To succeed a noble cause and mission, any disciplined community observes rules and regulations. KUHS has its dreams visions, ethos and unique cultures to foster the feeling of brotherhood, patriotism and progress of humanity. To meet the mission and vision of KUHS it is a humble duty of everyone to follow, obey and observe the rules and regulations to maintain a successful, prosperous and happy life now and in the future. At our school, we create a respectful and caring learning environment.
We have the following expectation for all our students and staff:
- We respect each other regardless of age, background , or culture,
- We respect school property, the property of others, and our own property,
- We come to class prepared and on time,
- In class, we listen carefully and are actively involved in learning,
- We follow the rules of the school and classroom,
- We treat others as we would like to be treated,
- Like a family, we help and support each other, we listen with understanding,
- We are honest in our words and actions.
KUHS has produced clever and smart students of national values and always looks forward to shape the bright future of the students who are well recognized by national and international colleges and Universities abroad. Since the medium of instruction is English the students are strictly advised to speak English during both formal and informal occasions.
General School Rules
General school rules for Girls and Boys
- Hostellers and day scholars should immediately enter the class when the lesson begins in the morning.
- Any students willing to take half leave is strictly prohibited.
- Any assignments given by the concerned teachers should be submitted on time. Your assignments are graded. If you fail to do so, your marks will be deducted and the parents are called for counselling.
- Students are not allowed to move and wander outside the compound of the school premise.
- Any kind of junk food, chocolates and unhygienic food items are not allowed to bring and eat them inside the class.
- Students are strictly prohibited to take any food from the dining hall, eat outside and inside the class.
- If the students are caught to be using drugs, cigarettes and any kind of intoxicants, the students will be expelled by calling their parents.
- Students should attend the internal exams; collect the report cards in the presence of the parents.
- Any kind of electronic gadgets like pen drive, CDs, DVDs and so on are not allowed to use.
- Any students found to be stealing money or goods will be immediately expelled from the school.
- School closures will be according to the school calendar and any new updates will be pre-informed.
- Students can share their problems with the concerned Tutor or Coordinator and parents can make an inquiry into the progress of their children asking them.
- Riding bikes and scooter are strictly prohibited
- Students should maintain silence in the classroom and actively participate in meaningful learning and learning activities
- Students should show courtesy and respect to the teachers and non-teaching staffs.
- Any kind of student union and involvement in the political parties are strictly prohibited.
- Any kind of bullying among the friends is not allowed. They should be cooperative and friendly to each other.
- Library rules about borrowing the books, reading the reference books and time will be as per the instructions given in library code of conduct.
School Uniform Rules
- Students should be in proper dress with proper shoes.
- Day wise dress should be maintained.
- No students are not allowed to drag their necktie and let the shirts come out of the pants.
- Any high neck wears should be properly covered during the winter.
- If you want to put on muffler and cap in winter, it should be of black colour.
Rules about the Hair Style (Boys)
- Students are not allowed to come with long hair.
- They should properly trim and make it short.
- No bracelet, earring and chains are permitted.
Rules about the Hair style (Girls)
- Girls should properly and neatly arrange the hair.
- No ostentatious hair style and clips are allowed to put on.
- Use of any cosmetics items like lipsticks is strictly prohibited.
- They cannot make their nails longer.
Hostel at KUHS
- Students spend only 4 nights in the hostels. They come to school on Monday and go home on Friday evening.
- If any holiday falls on Monday, students come to school on the following day.
- If any holiday falls on Friday, students will be sent home on Thursday evening. If the hostel is unable to send students on Friday due to unavoidable circumstances, then students will come home on Saturday morning.
- Students are not allowed to bring any edible items in the hostel or the school.
- Electronic gadgets like mobile phones, tablets, camera, are strictly prohibited.
- If you want your child to be at home for any function during weekdays, an application has to be sent in advance. Transportation is not available in these cases.
- If your child is sick at home and needs to continue taking medicine at school, clear instructions must be sent in writing.
- All your child’s belongings must be stitched clearly with the given alphabet and number once they are admitted.
- We request parents not to make any call to your child during weekdays. If necessary the hostel warden will contact you.
- Only in emergency you may contact in hostel.
Important Telephone Numbers
+ 2 Office : 011-490638
Account : 011-490395
School Administration : 011-490561
Hotline : 9860897750
A Level & 10+2 Girls Hostel : 011-490851/ 9869061947
A Level & 10+2 Boys Hostel : 011-490705 / 9849994983
+2 Faculty Details